Skip to main content

11 - Idea Napkin No. 1


1) My name is Timothy Roche and I have worked as a logistics manager for the last nine years in the United States Navy. I plan to earn my bachelor’s degree in Sport Management and then go on to work in the front office of a Major League Baseball team. My business concept does not relate to this but if I can gain some ground on my idea, it would help financially as well as helping all surrounding drivers.

2) My business idea is a system that connects with both the traffic signals and the automobiles in the area. This system will inform drivers when a traffic signal changes colors and will also have a countdown ability to inform drivers how long they have until the signal change.

3) The customers include everyone who drives. This capability would help people with road rage and driving anxiety but will also assist with the flow of traffic.

4) When people are driving throughout town, there are many people who develop road rage. This can be caused from people cutting them off, not going the speed limit, or people not paying attention to the traffic signals. Having a connection between the surrounding cars and traffic signals could help a ton. Someone being alerted when the light turns green will allow them to keep traffic flowing instead of them looking down at their phone or thinking they can help their children with something in the backseat. This will also allow people to stop running red lights. I believe it is safe to say we have all accidentally ran a red light thinking the yellow would last a big longer. The system would have a countdown letting you know how long until the light changes colors.

5) I do not believe this has been put into existence and so there seems to be no competition in this market. I would bring a concept to the people which would assist with their everyday life. Not only will it limit stress on the road, but it will allow for you to get to your destination earlier than before due to the greatly enhanced flow of traffic.

I believe this idea comes together well. I think there are many other functions that could be incorporated into this system but, overall, the idea seems to be well put together. I would need to get with a company that deals with these types of systems and see what they could do to make it work since I am not someone who is skilled in creating such networks.

Comments

  1. I like this idea a lot. I believe it would reduce the waiting time for drivers. They would be able to time how much time they have in between light changes. So they would be able to change the song real quick without looking down for too long. This would reduce the amount of cars that miss lights instead of people getting distracted because, they would know exactly when there is a light change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timothy, I still believe your idea is so clever. It would make it so much easier for drivers to have this and decrease the rate of people running red lights. It would not only improve the efficiency of traffic, but also the personal feelings of the drivers so that’s really cool. And I think it is awesome that you are getting a degree in Sport Management because I am too and have similar aspirations to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment