Skip to main content

Halfway Reflection


1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?

To meet the requirements of this course, I have had to explore my entrepreneur side. I have never really wanted to be an entrepreneur or start my own business, so it is new to me. Regardless, I have enjoyed reaching out of my comfort zone to complete the requirements of this course.

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?

There have been a few assignments that I either did not feel comfortable completing or seemed like too big of a task. When these assignments come, I must remind myself that these are remedial tasks compared to what can come in a professional setting where I plan to be one day. I do not believe I have developed a new tenacious attitude during the past two months. I think I just complete the assignments because I know I have to in order to move on in my education and reaching the end goal.

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset'?

a) No matter how uncomfortable you feel about completing different assignments, reach deep and complete it. Afterwards, you will feel a great feeling of accomplishing these tasks and it will push you forward towards completing more daunting tasks.
b) In the beginning of the class, really think hard of a concept that you believe could be a new entrepreneurial concept that you are passionate about. Having something you are passionate about in this class would be very helpful. Something you know a lot about and isn’t just a blind guess of an invention or concept.
c) If you do not accept criticism well, you will need to learn. Constructive criticism is part of this class and it can assist in you molding your new concept into something successful while taking in different ideas from other individuals.


Comments

  1. Timothy, I enjoyed your blog post. I thought it was a good point that criticism needs to be taken as a chance to improve yourself. You don't want to be stubborn and just ignore it. That is the worst thing you can do. I also agree with what you said about going out of your comfort zone in order to grow. That is a really good point that a lost of people often miss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment